CMS and ERM produce high quality custom sheet metal parts and enclosures made from aluminum, steel and stainless steel. Highly experienced in all aspects of sheet metal fabrication, our engineering staff is committed to providing early design assistance. From concept to prototype, we can offer manufacturability recommendations and cost reduction ideas. From our experience, the sooner we can partner in design development the better the prototype and the quicker to market.
Ensuring stability for our employees and our customers, both CMS and ERM serve a diverse group of customers in a wide range of industries including: medical, home appliance, fitness, mining, portable outdoor industrial equipment, telecommunications, computer/server hardware, and industrial controls. ERM’s facility is geared to small to medium production runs while CMS focuses on medium to high volume runs. To remain competitive, we continually evaluate the need for new equipment and our manufacturing layout.
If you are new to the nuances of metal fabrication, it might be a little challenging for you to understand what it entails and how it affects our daily lives. Without it, your kitchen, computer, and car wouldn’t be operational. If you have ever picked up a phone, driven a car, or handled a tool, you have seen the results of precision metal fabrication right before your eyes.
In layman’s terms, metal fabrication is a process that we use to shape sheet metal into end products and parts for various uses. Our metal fabrication process generally includes laser cutting and/or punching sheets of all types of metal to create blank parts and then shaping, bending and welding them into parts, weldments,subassemblies, enclosures, etc.
We have manufactured a number of different products for a variety of clients in our 40+ years of business. Here are just a few of the metal fabrication products that we have built for our valued customers:
- Stainless Steel Dishwasher Fronts
- Stainless Steel Panels and Parts for Home Appliances
- Enclosures for Battery and Energy Storage
- Enclosures for Power Distribution Equipment
- Components for Fitness Equipment
- Enclosures for Medical Electronics
- Enclosures for Mining Electronics
- Enclosures for Indoor and Outdoor Industrial Use
- Server and Battery Racks
- Enclosures for Transformers
- Enclosures for Video Recording Devices
If you have a specific metal fabrication project in mind, please do not hesitate to contact our officetoday so that we can learn more about your needs and goals.
Yes, our highly-trained staff does indeed provide early design assistance for manufacturability for our clients. We provide metal fabrication assistance from the start of the project in the concept phase to the end of the project in the prototype phase. For the best prototypes and the quickest turnaround time to market, contact our office soon to discuss how our facilities can accommodate your metal fabrication needs.
You have probably heard the phrase “quality over quantity.”It’s a phrase that often rings true in life, and it certainly does in the world of metal fabrication. Custom work will almost always give you a higher quality, more dependable product for your business. Here are a couple of reasons to consider custom metal fabrication:
- Longevity – Unlike prefabricated products, custom metal fabrication leads to a much longer product lifespan. Because CMS and ERM craft your product’s design upfront specifically for its intended purpose, it pays for itself in the long run. Stock sheet metal is often produced to a very general standard and is used for many purposes. Also, custom metal fabrication uses sheet metal with alloys that are resistant to the chemicals and forces pertaining to your unique process.
- Adaptability – Our team of metal fabrication specialists creates your sheet metal products from scratch, meaning we have the flexibility to cater to a wide variety of customer needs. Unlike prefabricated products that use pre-existing designs, we can customize our sheet metal’s shape and form to fit your specific hardware.
Our equipment is always up to date, and our manufacturing layout is refined for effectiveness and efficiency. These features allow us to perform a wide range of services for our customers:
- Laser Cutting
- Hardware Insertion
That’s a great question. The East River Metals, Inc. (ERM) facility is located in Rocky Gap, Virginia, and is best suited to handle small to medium volume production runs. Custom Manufacturing Services, Inc. (CMS) is located in Princeton, West Virginia, and is best suited to handle medium to high volume production runs.
Robert Graf founded East River Metals in 1979 as a way to produce custom metal enclosures for its sister company, American Mine Research, Inc. (AMR). During this time, AMR needed tight tolerances, consistent quality, and quick turnaround times for its product development. Today, ERM uses state-of-the-art processing, quality protocols (ISO 9001:2015), and computer-controlled (CNC) machines for our metal fabrication projects. We are proud to offer our customers close tolerances and aesthetically pleasing cosmetic finishes.